Every year most of us sit and think of what our New Year Resolution/s will be. This year, I want to drop that title and just build a list of goals I have for 2018. I didn’t have to sit and think long and hard about what goals I had, they all just naturally came to mind. When it comes to goal setting I like to categorize my goals and make sure I give myself I time frame for that goal to be completed. So before I keep rambling on, here are my 2018 goals! (Notice my goals are addressed to myself because that is who these goals are aimed for, myself.)
- Health Improvement: By the end of 2018 I will be 20-30 lbs. lighter and more physically toned. I will do this so that I can improve my health. This goal will help give me more energy, less knee pain, and a higher self-esteem.
- Better my eating habits: Every month I will cut out an unhealthy food and add a healthy food in its place. I will cook at home more often and will grocery shop with my health, not my cravings, in mind. This in turn will help me live longer, have a better immune system, and help my husband eat less junk.
- Pamper myself: I will make sure that each month I schedule one or more appointments for things that make me happy and help me relax. This can be anything from mani/pedi, hair apt, massage, spa day, or even just coffee/dinner dates with new friends.
- GO HOME: I will make sure to fly home at least twice this year. While I was in Guam I did not have the opportunity to fly home because it was a long and overpriced flight. Now that I am in WA I am closer to home and flights are very affordable. Plus I have not seen my family, friends, or Vinny (family dog) in over a year.
- Remodel master bedroom: By July you will have replaced the carpet in your bedroom with wooden floors. The room will be painted with decorations up on the walls. You will decorate to your liking and buy black out curtains for all windows (my neighbors leave their lights on all night).
- Remodel master bath: By July you will have replaced the tub, vanity/sink, and floors in your bathroom. The bathroom walls will be painted and you will add floating shelves to open up the room more.
- New Fence: By the end of Spring your backyard fence will be replaced. This will allow for your three fur babes to run around this summer without escaping into the neighbors yard.
- New washer/dryer: By April you will have a new washer and dryer. This will not only make laundry be faster, but it will also make your laundry room look nicer.
- Furnish guest bedroom/office: By February you will have the bed in the guest bedroom set up. You will have bought a mattress and bedding for the bed. The walls will be painted and decorations will be up.
- Pay off debt: By July my credit card will be paid off. I will only use my credit card for emergencies (& no shopping isn’t an emergency…sad face).
- Build up my savings account: By the end of the year I will have enough money saved to support myself for more than five months. I will aim to save half my monthly pay if possible.
- Save for two trips: I will save money for a trip in the Spring and a trip in the Fall. Some ideas of destinations are…Iceland, Hawaii, New Orleans, or Costa Rica.
I made these goals while keeping in mind that some goals cannot be achieved in the time frame I gave myself and it is okay.
Now I want to hear from you. What are some of your 2018 goals?
Photo Credit: Pinterest.